XP Support Group - UV protection not isolation.
Working in Partnership with Teddington Trust.
How to make a face mask
You will require:
- A legionnaires sun hat with a stiff peak
- Stick and sew velcro
- UV protective film available free from XP Support Group
1. Attach the sew part of the velcro to the Legionnaires hat along the peak and down the two sides.
2. Cut the protective film to fit along the peak. (It is better to cut the lower part when the hat is on the subject so you can see how far you need to come down to cover the neck and shoulders).
3. Stick the velcro to the plastic film and attach to legionnaires hat.
4. Finish off by cutting the film to the required length.
A mask lasts about 3 months depending on the wear. Replace when it becomes scratched. Use the old mask as a template.